Do you want to update Java Manually, however the update tab is missing from the Java Control Panel? Don't worry, in this article we will show you 2 methods for how to access it.
If you are using Windows 8, you can try making a search (Start Screen) for the following term: Java
Click on "Check for Updates" to access the Update tab.
Via the registry:
- Click on Start > Run
- Type the following command and press Enter: "regedit".
- Go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > JavaSoft > Java Update > Policy".
- Create a DWORD (32-bit) value and named it as "EnableJavaUpdate".
- Set its value (value type - hex) to 1 to display the Update tab.
- Set its value to 0 to hide the Update tab from the Java console.