Kernel Stack Inpage Error on Windows: how to fix?
Windows OS sometimes displays a blue screen with an error message saying: kernel stack inpage error. The user can correct these memory management issues by modifying the required settings by accessing the registry. We will take you through these problems and possible solutions in this article.
What is Kernel Stack Inpage Error on Windows?
If Windows displays a blue screen with the following error message:
And/or a message like this:
***stop: 0x0000007 (0x000000e.0x00000000.0x00901000) Beginning dump off physical memory
Information about this error on the Microsoft site:
This error usually occurs when the swap file corresponding to the virtual memory is corrupted due to a disk block which is failing, an error in memory or a disk controller problem. The second parameter indicates the cause of the error. "0xC000009C and 0xC000016A" indicate both, a bad block on disk. "0xC0000185" indicates a problem of termination or SCSI connections, or a conflict between two devices.
- The dump of physical memory may be due to an under-powered device on the motherboard rendering the system unstable (blue screen). One solution is to find an independent power supply for the device (eg USB HUB) or use a more powerful power supply.
- It may also be a problem of memory (two RAM which are incompatible or different brands).
- The presence of a virus boot sector (boot viruses) may also spawn this type of problem; it is advisable to analyze the computer with an updated antivirus.
How to fix the Kernel Stack Inpage Error on Windows by modifying the registry?
- Edit the registry: Start > Run and type "regedit".
- Head to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ Session Manager \ Memory *Management and double-click the DisablePagingExecutive value and enter value 1.
- Then, head to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ Session Manager\ Memory Management, double-click on the Largesystemcache value and enter 1 as value to increase the size of the hard disk cache.
Note that: Before making this change, make a backup of the registry.
- Hp smart download windows 10 > Download - Other
- Cmos checksum error > Guide
- Capcut for windows > Download - Video editing
- Kmspico windows 10 > Download - Other
- How to type @ on keyboard windows > Guide