Under Windows, the CLIP command allows you to copy the results returned by a command in the DOS command prompt. This trick can be useful if you need to paste the results of the IPCONFIG command, for example, in a forum, it avoids the manual entry of all the data.
Copying the results to the clipboard
In the command prompt (Start Menu> All Programs> Accessories> Command Prompt), type: "CMD | CLIP"
Notice that the cursor will move to the next line Enter the command you want to perform, for example IPCONFIG.
At this stage the command is still being processed. If you have a command that requires considerable time for its execution, then you must wait until you are able to retype the command prompt.
Note that it is best to choose carefully the parameters of the command to avoid confirmations intermediate posts as these messages are interpreted in the background
At the end of the execution of the command, type EXIT. The results will be immediately copied to the clipboard.
You can paste the result on a Notepad or directly on a forum post.
- IPCONFIG /ALL | CLIP: copy directly the network configuration on the clipboard.
- DIR | CLIP: copy the listing of current folder contents on the clipboard.
- NET VIEW | CLIP : copy the list of users belonging to the same workgroup on the clipboard.
- DRIVERQUERY | CLIP : copy the list of drivers installed on the clipboard.
- SC QUERY | CLIP: copy the list of services and their current status on the clipboard.
Command copy the results to a text file
In the command prompt, simply type the desired command followed by > [location_of_file]\[file_name] For example: IPCONFIG /ALL >C:\netresults.txt create a text file named "netresults" at the root of C, that contains the current network configuration
If the desired path contains empty spaces, then you must use quotes:
DIR > "C:\Documents and settings\name\Desktop\list.txt"
Copy directly from the command window
Once the command issued and executed, to copy the text, right-click the top bar of the window and select "Edit" then "Select"
Then select the desired text, and press Enter to copy the text to the clipboard.
- Cmd clip command
- The CLIP command - Copy the results of a DOS command
- Windows networking commands cheat sheet > Guide
- Wake up on lan windows 10 command line > Guide
- Change computer name windows 10 command line > Guide
- Disable and enable firewall from command line: Windows XP > Guide
- How to save ping report in text file?
- Fix the Windows security bug: Print Nightmare
- Clear RAM on Windows: via cmd, shortcut, without rebooting
- Turn off automatic updates on Windows: 7, 8, and 10
- Microsoft Windows 11: release date, download, beta, update
- Install apps on Windows 10: via Run, without Microsoft store
- Disable password at login: On Windows 7/8.1/10
- How to enable the screen reader: on Windows 7, 8.1, and 10
- Enable/Disable device via command line
- How to check power usage on Windows PC?
- Network PC asking for username and password: Windows 10
- How to open MSI file: on Mac, in Android, in Windows 10
- Stop CMD from closing: automatically, after running program
- How to create an icon in Paint
- Java update tab missing: Windows 10
- Execute a script in Windows: at startup and shutdown
- Fix disk boot failure: Windows XP, 7, 8, 10
- Set up your MagicJack: On Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP
- Enable or disable the welcome screen: Windows 7, 8, 10, 11
- Corrupted driver: Code 39, Windows 10,
- Disable right click: Windows 10, Windows 11
- How to use TV as second monitor: with HDMI, Windows 10
- Command prompt: Windows 10, commands, shortcut
- Stay online when switching user account: Windows
- Exe files not opening: Windows 7, Windows 10, Vista, XP
- Most common Windows error codes and how to fix them
- Computer error codes list and solutions
- Start/Stop a Service on Windows: command line, 10
- Removing the files remaining after uninstalling a program
- How to check software installed date in Windows
- Restart Windows without restarting computer: Windows 10
- How to disable network sharing on Windows Media Player?
- How to enable/disable administrator account in Windows?
- How to know if you need more RAM on Windows 10?
- ipconfig command: in Windows, not found
- How to rip copy protected CD: Windows Media Player
- How to eject USB flash drive with a keyboard shortcut?
- How to create an Autorun.inf file: in Windows 7
- How to enable touchpad: Windows 10, on laptop
- Reset PC to factory settings: Windows 11, 10, 8.1
- Restore a Windows PC to factory settings without disc
- How to rotate multiple images: at once, Windows 10
- Disable print spooler: on Windows 7, 10, 11
- .exe is Not a Valid Win32 Application: fix Windows 7, XP
- Windows volume icon: not working, not showing
- How to change account name in Windows 8.1
- Recover deleted music files in Windows Media Player
- How to fix Limited or No Connectivity issues on Windows?
- How to stop my Windows background from changing?
- Delete file in Windows: CMD, 10
- Start Windows computer in safe mode: via cmd, settings
- How to verify Windows license
- Disable print spooler service: in domaine controllers
- Enable automatic sign-in: on Windows 10, 8, 7
- Customize the mouse pointer in Windows 8, 10
- How to disable network access to Windows registry?
- Disable touchpad: when mouse is connected, Windows 10
- Disable Deepfreeze: from Command Prompt, without password
- Add a printer in Windows 8.1, 10
- Md5sum download and how to use
- How to turn off the camera on Windows
- How to fix a blue screen on Windows
- Desktop icons missing Windows: 10, 7, after update
- How to uninstall apps on Microsoft Surface
- How to disable or enable the Encrypting File System: Windows
- Disable the Touchpad when mouse is connected: Windows 11, 10
- How to change desktop icons in Windows
- Kernel Stack Inpage Error on Windows: how to fix?
- How to open the Control Panel: Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 7
- How to share files between two Windows PCs?
- Improve your PC performance: for gaming, without formatting
- Change computer system language: Windows 7, Windows 10
- How to check the Windows version: Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 7
- Best apps to update your Windows drivers
- Unable to install .NET Framework Error Message 0xc8000222
- Enable admin account in Windows 7, 8, 10
- Windows task manager missing menus and tabs
- How to backup Windows data: with .bat
- How to fix HDMI audio from laptop to TV: Windows 11,10,8,7
- HAL is missing in Windows
- How to create desktop shortcuts: Windows 11,10,8,7
- How to change the default OS in dual boot: Windows 11,10,8,7
- Disc boot failure Windows
- How to add the Run command to Start menu: Windows 11,10,8.1
- MSOCache delete
- Safely Remove Hardware icon missing in Windows
- How to check laptop battery health: windows 8, 10
- How to set Command Prompt size: Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7
- How to turn off airplane mode: Windows 11,10,8.1,8
- How to clear recent files: Windows 11,10,8.1
- USB hard drive not showing up: Windows
- How to reduce data usage: Windows 11, 10
- How to show the preview pane: Windows 11, 10, 8, 7
- How to fix sound problems: Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 7
- How to disable or enable Autoplay: Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 7
- How to turn off Firewall: Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7
- How to show desktop icons in Windows 10
- How to change the date and time: Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 7
- Your security settings do not allow this file to be dowloaded
- How to stop automatic restart: Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, XP