My laptop's keyboard is acting really weird

Closed
Mary - Oct 13, 2017 at 03:06 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Oct 13, 2017 at 03:08 PM
I've been searching for a solution for really long but I can't seem to fix this.

Usually, what happens the most is that when I type 'u', 'u7' shows up and when I type '7', '7u' shows up.

However, sometimes, my entire keyboard starts acting weird, making my keys type completely random things like 'caps lock' typing '´' and shift typing 'N', etc.

Sometimes everything works okay and sometimes it doesn't. Most of the time, it doesn't. My laptop is 3 years old and it works well, apart from this issue. I'm using windows 10. I'm in the right language and i tried vacuuming the keyboard today. I do have a USB keyboard but I don't want to resort to using that all the time.

What should I do?
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Oct 13, 2017 at 03:08 PM
If the USB keyboard works OK. Then you probably have a failing internal keyboard that needs to be replaced. This is a job that can be done by a local PC repair shop.

Good Luck