-
Registration date
Sunday November 26, 2017
Status
Last seen
November 26, 2017
-
Hello,

I have an ACER Aspire V13 with Windows 10 OS.
My problem is, I was having problem before with the wifi connection. It keeps on getting disconnected from the wifi router, so I did a reformat/reset. Now after reformatting, it connected automatically to the wifi router but nothing shows on the available wifi connections. Even the connection I was already connected to does not show. I can only see it when I go to network and internet settings. I have another wifi router where my phone is connected, but it is also not showing here. My neighbor also has their wifi router which i am seeing before, but now I cant see it.
i am afraid if i get disconnected here, i wont be able to connect again.
What do i do? Please help.

2 replies

Registration date
Saturday November 25, 2017
Status
Last seen
November 26, 2017

That sounds so weird.
I would take the laptop back to the shop.
Registration date
Sunday November 26, 2017
Status
Last seen
November 26, 2017

Yes it is. Now I tried to add my other wifi connection manually, and it was added with no issue. I am using it now but still when I click on the wifi icon at the toolbar, it still doesnt show anything.
Registration date
Status
Last seen
November 26, 2017
>
Registration date
Sunday November 26, 2017
Status
Last seen
November 26, 2017

You can also check if Windows is fully updated. Maybe the wifi drivers you have are buggy.
Registration date
Sunday November 26, 2017
Status
Last seen
November 26, 2017

That is what I am doing now. Lets see what will happen. I havent tried uninstalling the network adapter, i think its useless since i already did a reformat, what do you think?
Registration date
Status
Last seen
November 26, 2017
>
Registration date
Sunday November 26, 2017
Status
Last seen
November 26, 2017

If you already formatted your laptop and its still buggy, it could be a hardware issue. I would just do all the updates, to make sure its none of that.
Also, I would try to look on the ACER site, to see if they have newer networking drivers for your specific laptop-model.

If that doesn't solve it, then its likely you have to bring the laptop to someone to have it checked out.
Registration date
Sunday November 26, 2017
Status
Last seen
November 26, 2017

Finally, I was able to fix the issue just by going through and completing the windows update!