Windows 10 messed up icons

Closed
WOWZA-24 Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday October 25, 2017 Status Member Last seen December 20, 2017 - Updated on Dec 20, 2017 at 04:39 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Dec 20, 2017 at 04:39 PM
After a recent windows 10 update my laptop now has the following problems and this happens on separate ones. On my wives pc when firing up it up it automatically brings up a web page and Amazon music. I went into the start up area and found the music one and shut it off. I didn't see anything there for the web page so I'm wondering where else should I look to fix this problem. Next this has happened once after a few minutes it just shuts down.

Now on my pc I don't have any of those problems, my problem is my desktop icons which is full of icons and I do mean full. After a win10 update it piled all my icons on top of each other and now it won't let me move them to where I want them to be unless they say ok if you will. I have had to remove a lot to get where I'm at not, but it still at times will not let me put them where I want. Please see picture.
Thank-you WOWZA-24
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Dec 20, 2017 at 04:39 PM
Hi Wowza,

If I may say, what a mess!

I don't think that Windows 10 updates have anything to do with this as I and many others would experience the same problem.

This make take several message exchanges to fix.

First, click right on the windows icon in the task bar and left on task manager. Click on the start tab. Extend the window take a screen shot and post it here. (You must click on reply to this topic to be able to attach an image)

Catch you later