- Unable to see files in external hard drive
- Unable to copy files from external hard drive ✓ - Forum - Hard Drive/SSD
- How to view files on external hard drive - Guide
- Unable to access files from 2nd hard drive ✓ - Forum - Hard Drive/SSD
- I cant see the files onMy external hard drive ✓ - Forum - Hard Drive/SSD
- How to show hidden files on external hard drive windows 10 ✓ - Forum - Windows
Good news is you failed to reformat the hard drive that would have erased the data. When you selected the MBR option and it got the "hardware error". This tells me the hard disk was probably dropped sometime in the past and was damaged. Your only option at this time is to send it off to a "data recovery" service to see if the can recover some or all of the data. Figure on hundreds of dollars for the service.