CD drive not woking

Closed
sukki - Jun 4, 2009 at 10:26 AM
fayalit Posts 19 Registration date Monday December 29, 2008 Status Member Last seen June 18, 2009 - Jun 4, 2009 at 10:58 AM
Hello,
my name is amit, i have a toshiba A200 laptop, i also have the same problem, but its a little more, i can find the upper filter and i have deleted the entry but i cannot see the lower filter, i dont know what to do ?
please suggest me something... i have tried all possible options...
Related:

1 response

fayalit Posts 19 Registration date Monday December 29, 2008 Status Member Last seen June 18, 2009 49
Jun 4, 2009 at 10:58 AM
You will have to do some registry settings:

Step 1: Start Registry Editor
type "regedit" in the Start Run box.
Step 2: Delete the UpperFilters registry entry

1. In Registry Editor, expand My Computer, and then expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
2. Expand SYSTEM, and then expand CurrentControlSet.
3. Expand Control, and then expand Class.
4. Under Class, click {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}.
5. In the details pane of Registry Editor, on the right side, click UpperFilters.

Note You may also see an UpperFilters.bak registry entry. You do not have to remove that entry. Click UpperFilters only.
* If you see the UpperFilters registry entry in the details pane of Registry Editor, go to step 6.
* If you do not see the UpperFilters registry entry, you still might have to remove the
LowerFilters registry entry. To do this, go to "Step 3: Delete the LowerFilters registry entry."
6. On the Edit menu, click Delete.
7. Click Yes when you receive the following message:
Are you sure you want to delete this value?

Step 3: Delete the LowerFilters registry entry

1. In the details pane of Registry Editor, on the right side, click LowerFilters.

Note You might see a LowerFilters.bak registry entry. You do not have to remove that entry. Click LowerFilters only.

If you do not see the LowerFilters registry entry, unfortunately this content is unable to help you any more. Go to the "Next Steps" section for information about how you can find more solutions or more help on the Microsoft Web site.
2. On the Edit menu, click Delete.
3. Click Yes when you receive the following message:
Are you sure you want to delete this value?
The LowerFilters registry entry is removed.
4. Exit Registry Editor.

Restart your laptop