Split monitor into 4 and scaling apps to fit

Solved/Closed
BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 - Updated on Mar 27, 2018 at 05:58 PM
BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 - Apr 16, 2018 at 05:27 AM
Hi All,

I have a strange request (as always). I'm not quite sure where this fits, so please feel free to change the category if you think it belongs elsewhere.

My boss has brought me a massive screen (no idea why). The screen is far too big really, but I do use 3 screens at present to see all the stuff I need. Although it does change from time to time I use Chrome on one screen, Firefox on another and Outlook on the third. My question is, on a Windows 7 machine, can I not only split the big screen into 4 quarters and put a program in each one, but also scale the programs so they appear "full screen" within the quarter allocated to them.

I do know I can split the screen into 4 with the Systernals Desktop app, but this doesn't scale the contents to each "screen" - I want to be able to use the big screen as if it were 4 separate monitors. I'm asking a lot here ... I also want to be able to select program on one of the "screens" by just moving my mouse and clicking on it, and also move programs between "Screen quarters" by dragging and dropping them - just as if they were 4 separate screens.

Also, (though much less important) it would be nice if this can be multi-display friendly so I can drag one of these small screens to a bigger second monitor.

And now for the icing on the cake requirement - it needs to be free for business use (open source is also good). You see the cheaper it is the more virtual beer I can buy for the supplier of the best reply.

Thank you so much for your help guys and gals.

Related:

2 responses

BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 150
Apr 10, 2018 at 09:07 AM
Thanks Ambucias, but the 1st link you give is mainly for Windows 10. The software suggested at the bottom works sort of, but you cant scale the window to the area you need it on. If you try to shrink the scale on 1 "window" then all windows shrink.

The second link only devices the screen into 2 rather than 4.

Sorry, but no beer for you today!