Laptop screen divides in three vertical parts [Closed]

Registration date
Wednesday October 8, 2014
Status
Last seen
October 8, 2014
- - Latest reply:  Swapnil - Jun 8, 2017 at 01:38 AM
Dear Friends,
my lap top (Toshiba Satellite C640, i5) screen on opening divides in three vertical equal parts with right part appears in left side & left part on right side, all other systems run properly. closing the lead for a minute and again opening some for some time starts screen normal way. Is there any remedy for this ? please guide me...
thanks,
Himanshu
See more 

4 replies

Best answer
Thank you
hello guys,pls help me i have the same problem.looking for a perfect step by step solution for this problem.i have tried every possible way

Say "Thank you" 2

A few words of thanks would be greatly appreciated. Add comment

CCM 5691 users have said thank you to us this month

Ambucias
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
October 29, 2019
13434 -
Hello

Since you have tried every possible way there is nothing further we can suggest we would be wasting your time.
Friends I am not an expert but whenever I reset my PC the problem is solved so I advise you all to reset your PC .... hope it will help.
Thank you
I have the same model with the same problem. I am still working on a solution. So far the problem doesnt happen in win 7 safe mode. So I am thinking it may not be a hardware issue, but I am no expert. I uninstalled downloaded and installed a new driver, but that didn't help. Now I am waiting to see if changing power settings to never sleep does anything. Having said all that, I might be putting too much emphasis on the safe mode thing....perhaps one of the gurus will chime in? Good luck
Its hardware, alright?. There's very thorough coverage of this issue in the toshiba Canada forums...seems to be a design flaw that is resulting in excessive stress on the cable linking the main unit with the LCD screen.
Thank you
THANK YOU FRIENDS FOR YOUR REPLY!
it started working normal for about 15 days on itself but now again the problem continues, so I think it is not a problem of software but it is hardware or as you said about linking cable........ still waiting for perfect solution......
Registration date
Wednesday October 8, 2008
Status
Last seen
June 15, 2019
Thank you
Sounds like a video chip failure or perhaps a video cable failure to me.