CPU is on but no display

Closed
yurushian Posts 2 Registration date Friday April 13, 2018 Status Member Last seen April 15, 2018 - Apr 13, 2018 at 08:14 PM
yurushian Posts 2 Registration date Friday April 13, 2018 Status Member Last seen April 15, 2018 - Apr 15, 2018 at 08:31 PM
Hi guys,

I just bought my PC and upon assembling it, it turns out that the monitor has no signal. I've tried all the troubleshoot that I can see here like changing RAM, PSU, CMOS. I have also used another monitor but still no display. So I returned the item to the store and they tried it and it worked. Unfortunately when I returned to my internet shop, connected everything on my PC, still the same problem. I've decided to connect my PC on different places such as my office, my cousin's house and it worked. Has anyone here experienced this? And is this even possible? Where a PC is fully functional to different place but to one place is not? Please help me, this is the first time I encountered this...

PROCESSOR: Ryzen 3 2200
MOTHERBOARD: A320-DS2
RAM: (2) 4GB 2400 CRUCIAL
PSU: Generic 650W
VGA: N/A

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Apr 15, 2018 at 05:55 PM
try turning off the other PCs that are nearby. Perhaps one of them is creating electrical interference. It could also be the case you are using does not filter out the normal interference generated by adjacent computers.

Good Luck
yurushian Posts 2 Registration date Friday April 13, 2018 Status Member Last seen April 15, 2018
Apr 15, 2018 at 08:31 PM
Thanks for the reply sir, I forgot to update this thread. So here's what happened, me and the store's technician found out that viewsonic monitors are somewhat causing the problem because we've tried other brands such as AOC, Samsung and LG and it worked perfectly fine. I have a new problem tho, it is the iGPU of the Ryzen. I have reinstalled the driver for a couple of times but upon checking the dxdiag, it seems that the system is using the Basic Graphics Adapter rather than the iGPU (Vega 8). I used the CD installer from the mobo and even downloaded a new copy of the driver but nothing happened. And in the device manager, the iGPU has an "!" mark on it saying that I have to disable something so that I could use the iGPU. Checked the BIOS and set everything related to graphics to load the iGPU first but still same problem.