I have wi-fi signal but cannot browse

Closed
third.ty - May 12, 2018 at 12:51 PM
nicolesmithus Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday May 16, 2018 Status Member Last seen May 16, 2018 - May 16, 2018 at 07:33 AM
Hello,
Since I changed an ip adress for a hacked router extender i cant access a site or any online game. But if I remove the lan port on the main router which the 2nd router is connected., I can now access the internet. What is wrong? I dont have enough knowledge about this so please help me. Thank you in advance.

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
May 12, 2018 at 01:32 PM
Sorry, we have no idea what you hacked or how you hacked it.
third.ty Posts 2 Registration date Saturday May 12, 2018 Status Member Last seen May 12, 2018
Updated on May 12, 2018 at 10:53 PM
I hacked an old router so i can use it as a wifi extender
third.ty Posts 2 Registration date Saturday May 12, 2018 Status Member Last seen May 12, 2018
May 12, 2018 at 10:59 PM
The lan chord of my computer and the hacked wifi extender are connected to the main router where there is signal. Now if i remove the lan cable of the extender, the internet on my computer now works. If i plugged it again, it only says took too long to respond. And when I enter an online game lets say garena, it will only say network error.
nicolesmithus Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday May 16, 2018 Status Member Last seen May 16, 2018
May 16, 2018 at 07:33 AM
Hello,

The IP connection between your device and the router or between the router and Internet can get hung up. A restart of the router reboots all its systems, including the network processor and wireless radios.

If your router has a reset button, hold it down for a few seconds. If not, restart it by removing the cable from the power socket, waiting half a minute and then plugging it in again.

If that doesn't work, check to make sure the router firmware is up to date. Look for the update option under "System" in router software you have installed on your computer. Only download router firmware updates from the manufacturer's website.

You may also find that resetting and reinstalling your router software may do the trick. For most routers, this is accomplished by holding down the reset button and then reinstalling the software.

https://www.mywifiextnet.xyz/