Computer doesnt recognise my headset microphone

Closed
Albertus50 Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday July 31, 2018 Status Member Last seen August 1, 2018 - Updated on Jul 31, 2018 at 06:04 PM
Albertus50 Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday July 31, 2018 Status Member Last seen August 1, 2018 - Aug 1, 2018 at 06:58 AM
Hello. I have a hyper cloud x headset with a built-in microphone. The microphone is plugged in and the headset too, i hear normally with it, but the mic isnt recognised as a recording device. I use windoes 8.What can i do? Thx in advance for your answers :))
Related:

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Jul 31, 2018 at 06:08 PM
Hi

I suspect that you should install the driver for your device. The driver should be found on your headset's manufacturer's website.

Good luck
Albertus50 Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday July 31, 2018 Status Member Last seen August 1, 2018
Jul 31, 2018 at 06:21 PM
Hello, thank you for your response, i havent been able to find any driver for the hyper cloud x. I suspect that this model of headphones doesmt have any as the hyper cloud 2 doesnt have any either
Does the cord have tow inputs, one for mic, and one for headphones? If not, then it won't work, as the ports on your pc have either an INPUT OR AN OUTPUT, not both. The headphones need both a mic cord, and an earphone cord! If it does not, and is a USB device, then THERE HAS TO BE A DRIVER!

Have you even really looked? I found support on the MANUFACTURERS website as suggested!

Here is troublshooting a particluar type: https://www.hyperxgaming.com/france/us/support/technical/products?model=hx-hs5cx

Here, I will cut and paste the instruction here:
Windows Key+I > Privacy > Microphone 
1. Set allow access to the Microphone on this device
2. Allow apps to access your microphone - Make it ON
3. Choose which apps can access your Microphone - If needed make required to ON.

This may be related to the audio drivers on your computer. Please check for the latest Windows 10 drivers for your computer or motherboard from your system manufacturer's support site.

If this isn't your type, then use this link:
https://www.hyperxgaming.com/france/us/support/technical/category/headsets

Have fun!

Albertus50 Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday July 31, 2018 Status Member Last seen August 1, 2018
Aug 1, 2018 at 06:58 AM
Hello, thank you for answering me! My computer indeed has two jacks, one for headphones and one for microphone, so does my headset. I do not have windows 10 but windows 8, thus, the command windows + i does not work. I have already contacted the hyperx support, but have not recieved an answer yet