WiFi MAC auth radius server

Closed
hiranuk Posts 1 Registration date Monday August 20, 2018 Status Member Last seen August 20, 2018 - Updated on Aug 20, 2018 at 12:28 PM
 Blocked Profile - Aug 20, 2018 at 04:50 PM
Hi

Let me explain what i am trying to achieve.

I have a number of Draytek 2862Ln model firewall routers in various shops up and down the country. I want to configure a guest wifi on all those routers. the Draytek Routers has an option for "captive portal" and "MAC authentication". The idea is if a customer goes to 1st shop and connects to the guest wifi on the draytek they will see a splash screen asking them to login using facebook or google and then they will have internet access.

If they then went to another shop they would simply connect to the guest wifi and have internet access they would not need to enter their facebook or google details again as their MAC address of their wireless client will have been captured by the radius server on a database when they previously connected at the other shop.

I have serched for various MAC auth radius servers but i cant seem to find one that will do what i want. I am looking for a open source free radius server, i have looked at "packetfence" "wifi dog" and "Zeroshell" but they dont seem to do what i have explained.

I have attached screenshots of the Draytek Web GUI. CAn anyone advise what free server is out that that will allow me to achieve what i have explained.

Thanks in advance.

Hiran

Related:

1 response

Dearest sir,

YOu are real need of Professional Services. Not a FREE forum.

Why don't you contact your "Draytek Routers" Rep, and see if he can help? YOu do have a relationship such as this with them, right? You are talking about up and down the country, so certainly you have developed that kind of relationship!!

I am afraid, you may be victim of the Peter Principle, and a free forum cannot save you from that!

It takes money to make money, and Free TYPICALLY COST MORE! Data loss, because your FREE solution has hacked the network, and taken control, and now you are stuck, along with the liability of your customers who EQ is also been compromised! Whew, free is not free anymore!