SSID names not matching - Putting a 2 after name

Solved/Closed
musicaldoc Posts 3 Registration date Monday November 5, 2018 Status Member Last seen November 5, 2018 - Updated on Nov 6, 2018 at 03:40 AM
musicaldoc Posts 3 Registration date Monday November 5, 2018 Status Member Last seen November 5, 2018 - Nov 5, 2018 at 01:28 PM
Hello,

as written in the title, I have an annoying issue in both a Vista and a Win 10 based pcs.

I have a Netgear router working with the network named "XXXX"

On both the computers I have the network visible and working, but with the name "XXXX 2".
No way to change it to match the SSID name in the router settings.

On the available wifi connections in Windows I see the correct SSID name, but when I connect the pc to the router I get the "XXXX 2" name in the properties of the network and passing the mouse on the wifi icon in the right below corner of the screen.

I have erased all the known networks from the windows lists and made a new connection, but nothing changes I can't get the correct SSID name.

I have also tried to change the name in the router, but if I return then to my original name i get the number 2 added to it.

Wht's going on?

Network is working, but I'd like to understand what is the issue.

Thanks

Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Nov 5, 2018 at 10:35 AM
Press Start > Run

type REGEDIT > OK

Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\Profiles

Delete profiles for both your SSIDs (XXXX and XXXX 2)

Reboot the PC and connect to the wifi.
musicaldoc Posts 3 Registration date Monday November 5, 2018 Status Member Last seen November 5, 2018
Nov 5, 2018 at 01:28 PM
Thanks!!!!! You solved my problem!!!
musicaldoc Posts 3 Registration date Monday November 5, 2018 Status Member Last seen November 5, 2018
Nov 5, 2018 at 01:27 PM
GREAT JOB KIEFERSCHILD !!!! 5 STARS !!!

You got the target, that was the solution, now the SSID names match perfectly!

Thanks!