My powerbook G4 won't turn on

Solved/Closed
fred - Jun 11, 2009 at 11:17 AM
 bie - Jan 19, 2013 at 04:21 AM
Hello, my powerbook G4 won't turn on and apple's suggestions for resetting PMU are worthless as they require you to "turn on " the unit to do this. Hmmm..... any ideas?? I have already pressed reset button a number of times and that doesn't work.

3 responses

The instructions are different for different version of the Powerbook G4 (see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT1431 The one that worked for me was to push Shift-Control-Option-Power on the keyboard, release for at least five seconds then push the power button. This worked even though the computer appeared dead except for a constant light on the latch button.
thanks bro,
finally I can start up my powerbook G4 12" again with your suggestion [The one that worked for me was to push Shift-Control-Option-Power on the keyboard, release for at least five seconds then push the power button.]
I had the same problem. through trial and error I discovered if I removed my battery and unplugged it, then plugged it back in (without the battery) it would turn on. Even now, the only way I can start it is no battery, pull the plug, insert the plug and it will start. Hope it works for you, too.
wow--thanks for this response--it just worked for me!
stilluseibook
Nov 11, 2012 at 11:32 PM
just worked for me now!!! thank you!!!!
missa2269 Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday April 22, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 11, 2009
Jun 11, 2009 at 11:22 AM
if the problem persists just contact a certified apple technician!