External drive showing wrong files

Closed
nostros - Sep 27, 2019 at 01:33 AM
nathanwirth Posts 324 Registration date Thursday May 22, 2014 Status Member Last seen September 27, 2022 - Oct 10, 2019 at 07:36 AM
Hello,

i put some music on my external hard drive 3 day's ago and today when i loaded it up it showed the folder's but when i entered them all the file's had diffrent name's such as block's and such. i told window's to check for error's and it found none then after it did that now the folder's are not recognized as a type of file when i click on them they ask what to open it with, the folders them self's are now reading as only kb's amount of data in them but properties show over 600gig's still on it. is there any way to fix this? i tryed plugging it into a diffrent pc to see if it was the pc reading them wrong and the samething happen's.

System Configuration: Windows / Firefox 69.0
Related:

1 response

nathanwirth Posts 324 Registration date Thursday May 22, 2014 Status Member Last seen September 27, 2022 28
Oct 10, 2019 at 07:36 AM
Why don't you try any data recovery software trial version, if it shows you your files preview then buy that software to recover your files their original format.