Can not get pass the Automatic repair stage of start up

Closed
FredTheTed - Oct 31, 2019 at 05:32 AM
geekalaa_1256 Posts 50 Registration date Saturday October 26, 2019 Status Member Last seen March 29, 2020 - Nov 2, 2019 at 03:38 PM
Hello,

On my old laptop which runs on Windows 8.1, I ran a full McAfee scan which took ages. I left the scan running during the night but when I looked in the morning all I could see was a blank screen.
I closed the laptop down and tried to log in but all I can see is the Toshiba logo. It looks as if it is trying to start but I then get a message stating that the laptop had "Ran into a problem and needs to restart".
This it does automaticaly and below the logo it shows a message that it is trying to run "Automatic repair". After a while all I see is a grey screen but the only thing that looks as it works is the cursor.
I have tried removing the power and the battery to try and start in safe mode but nothing works.
lease note that I don't have a start CD as Windows was already loaded.

System Configuration: Windows / Edge 17.17134
Related:

1 response

geekalaa_1256 Posts 50 Registration date Saturday October 26, 2019 Status Member Last seen March 29, 2020
Nov 2, 2019 at 03:38 PM
I think that your system is dead , try to reset your system using a USB or a CD .