Email Alias is missing in Yahoo

-
 catto01 -
Hello,
I have a Yahoo email account. I would like to add an email alias however this option is missing.
I have gone to Mailboxes menu, I can see options to add an external email account, add Send-only email address and and a disposable email but there is no option to add an email alias which is really what i want to do.
How do i resolve this pls or Is this a bug?

Thanks

System Configuration: Windows / Chrome 83.0.4103.97

2 replies

Registration date
Friday October 30, 2015
Status
Last seen
September 15, 2020
Hi,

To add an email alias, click the Settings icon, select More settings and choose Mailboxes. Beside Email alias, click the down arrow and then click Add.

However, please note that you can't add an email alias to your account if you're using the Basic version of Yahoo Mail. This option is only available in the Full-featured version at this time.

To use the Full-featured version of Yahoo Mail, make sure that your browser is up to date and try clearing your browser's cache and cookies.
Thank you

Glad we were able to help! Love us? Write us a review! Rate CCM

CCM 2812 users have said thank you to us this month

Hi,
Thanks for the response.
Unfortunately, it did not resolve my issue.
I am using the full featured version of yahoo and I have switched between the basic mail and newest Yahoo Mail to be sure.

The option 'Email Alias' is simply not listed under Mailboxes.

I have two yahoo email accounts. I can see 'Email Alias' in one account but not the other account where i need it so this is definitely missing / not listed for selection.

I would appreciate any other solution pls
Registration date
Friday October 30, 2015
Status
Last seen
September 15, 2020
Have you already created an email alias with that account?
>
Registration date
Friday October 30, 2015
Status
Last seen
September 15, 2020

Hi,

Perhaps my previous post wasn't clear but there is no button/menu called 'Email Alias' so i haven't actioned it in any way.
An Email Alias was never created as the menu never existed.

I have 2 completely different yahoo email accounts.
When I log into one email account, I can see the menu to create Email Alias.
However when i log into the 2nd yahoo email account that menu does not exist.
My question is - why is the Email alias menu missing from the 2nd yahoo email account? Is this a technical bug?

Thanks
Registration date
Friday October 30, 2015
Status
Last seen
September 15, 2020
989 > Lou
I thought you had already created an alias, because there is a limit of one email alias per each account. Do both accounts use the same recovery email or phone number? If yes, this may be the cause, but I'm not sure.

See this help page to fix issues caused by web browser or computer settings. If the issue persists, you can try using another browser or device.

If the above steps doesn't work, I suggest you report the issue to Yahoo using their feedback tool by clicking the Settings icon in your mailbox.
>
Registration date
Friday October 30, 2015
Status
Last seen
September 15, 2020

Thanks. I'll report the issue to Yahoo
> Lou
did you get it sorted? I have the same issue