Send limit

Closed
Briantomlin - Aug 31, 2020 at 05:46 PM
GeekPeek Posts 115 Registration date Tuesday June 30, 2020 Status Member Last seen June 30, 2021 - Sep 1, 2020 at 02:12 AM
Hello,
When I send a post to my friends Messenger won't let me send it to any more than 5 of my contacts. Why is this happening and how can I rectify it?
Brian Tomlin.

System Configuration: Android / Chrome 85.0.4183.81

1 response

GeekPeek Posts 115 Registration date Tuesday June 30, 2020 Status Member Last seen June 30, 2021 40
Sep 1, 2020 at 02:12 AM
Facebook has adopted this approach from Whatsapp as they first tried the technique of limiting the number of people you can forward a message to in everyone’s top favorite chatting app and eventually the experiment also resulted into a significant decline in misinformation being spread.

Facebook Messenger is working on limiting the amount of threads a message can be forwarded at a time, in order to add frictions on misinformation. You can only hope Facebook’s attempt to put a break to all the wrong messages work!

If you'd like to distribute a message to a specific group that you're a part of, you can post in the group. All members of the group will be able to see your post, and the members who've allowed group notifications will also receive a notification about your post. That way you can message up to 150 people at once.