WhatsApp is there an activity log for iPhone?

Closed
Einhversdottir - Jan 15, 2021 at 06:02 PM
HelpiOS Posts 14295 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 14, 2024 - Jan 24, 2021 at 04:32 PM
Hello,

Yesterday one of my chats suddenly showed “you turned on disappearing messages..” and I know that I didn’t do this. Is it possible that is either a glitch or to see at what time exactly this was activated? It just shows like the info that the messages are encrypted so I can not see when it happened. I was asleep and someone accessed my WhatsApp and I’m wondering if he turned it on or if it’s a glitch, since I know for sure that I didn’t do this. I tried contacting WhatsApp support and on Facebook to see if there’s any kind of activity log but it doesn’t look like they’ll answer me anytime soon..

(This is quite personal because this just lead to a breakup..)

System Configuration: iPhone / Safari 14.0.2
Related:

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14295 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 14, 2024 1,891
Jan 24, 2021 at 04:32 PM
Hi,

I don't think there is an activity log on WhatsApp. Disappearing messages can be turned on or off by taping the contact's name from the chat.

Unfortunately, I can't confirm whether the activation of this option is due to a mistake or was voluntary, but it may also be caused by a bug, which is a possibility that can't be excluded.