I think my iphone is banned from using Facebook

Closed
Murad - Feb 11, 2021 at 03:42 PM
 Muzi - Jun 18, 2023 at 04:22 PM
Three days ago ago my personal FB account was banned for breaking the community standards. My Instagram is gone too since it was on the same email, connected to my Facebook account. I tried to contact them using their forms, I even sent them my ID, but nothing happened, so I decided to register a new account.

I successfully registered a new account on my PC, everything works fine there. However, using my iPhone 11 pro max, I am unable to login to Facebook or Messenger using their apps from the App Store. Both shows me “an unexpected error occurred, please try again”

The interesting thing is that I successfully logged in with Messenger to my account using any other phone. Is it possible my iPhone received a hardware ban?
Related:

4 responses

David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   6,926
Feb 12, 2021 at 08:47 AM
Hello, I'm not sure Facebook could specifically ban a device... although if they were able to it wouldn't be too much of a surprise.

They could target a specific IP address... but then as you've said you've been able to connect with your laptop, and other devices it doesn't seem they've done this.

Regards
David Webb

Content Editor and Community Manager - CCM.net

Murad_0025 Posts 1 Registration date Thursday February 11, 2021 Status Member Last seen February 12, 2021
Feb 12, 2021 at 09:05 AM
Thanks for answering
And how can I login to the app, it is still has tge same problem I really need help with this

Thank you
Muzi > Murad_0025 Posts 1 Registration date Thursday February 11, 2021 Status Member Last seen February 12, 2021
Jun 18, 2023 at 04:22 PM

Hello were you able to solve the problem? I’m facing same problem with my iPhone