My touchpad is not responding or working after water spill. Can it still work?

Closed
Imsad - Updated on May 30, 2021 at 01:02 AM
mattnicolas Posts 1 Registration date Monday November 30, 2020 Status Member Last seen June 19, 2021 - Jun 19, 2021 at 08:27 AM
Hello, I have an Asus X555Q and i spilled a lot of water on the keyboard area.The screen turned off and i wasn't able to shut it down as the power key was not responding. I immediately put it upside down left it for a few hours and put it in plastic bag and vacuumed it. After a day and a half, i checked if it would work and the screen lit up and everything was still there but I couldn't move the mouse at all. I turned it off and left it for a bit. Is there anything I can do to fix it or should I go for repair?

System Configuration: Android / Chrome 90.0.4430.210
Related:

1 response

mattnicolas Posts 1 Registration date Monday November 30, 2020 Status Member Last seen June 19, 2021
Updated on Oct 10, 2021 at 09:20 AM
firstly you got lucky that your laptop still worked! lol. For the touchpad, I think you need to first disable it using the shortcut key (Fn + usually F3 or F9 for Asus laptops) or using the Device Manager (type it in the windows search box).

In the device manager, you need to click on the "Mice and other pointing devices" and then right-click on the item having 'touchpad' in the name. From the context menu, disable it. Once disabled, you can enable it using the same menu.

In most cases, it should work.