Touchpad and Keyboard wont work same time

Solved/Closed
Patrick - Jan 1, 2011 at 12:56 PM
 nig - Jan 17, 2018 at 02:00 AM
Hey, I have an Acer Aspire 5742. However I am getting a problem whenever I try to play a game, if I am trying to move forward and turn around (using the touchpad to turn around and keyboard to move) it won't work. The Laptop allows the movement/keyboard priority over the touchpad so its almost as if the touchpad disables whilst using the keyboard. What can I do to fix this? Thanks for any replies!
Related:

2 responses

I just ran into this problem with a new system today, and noticed that a number of the suggested solutions online are looking too deeply. There's a simple fix to this. There is actually a sensible feature that is causing this problem, but clearly it gets in the way of gaming. At least some Acer systems contain a feature intended to prevent users from moving the mouse by mistake while typing. As it took some time before I could use my original Acer Aspire One without making this mistake, I appreciate the feature, but needed to disable it in order to play games.
  • 1) On the system tray, click the pointing device / touchpad icon, and select Pointing Device Properties.
  • 2) Click the "Device Settings" tab.
  • 3) Select your touchpad (it was the only option on my system.)
  • 4) Click Settings.
  • 5) Expand Pointing
  • 6) Expand Sensitivity
  • 7) Select PalmCheck
  • 8) Adjust the sensitivity slider until you can move the mouse while pressing one of the walk keys.
  • 9) Click OK twice.
  • 10) Enjoy your game.
You rock bro, thanks a ton.
thanks sooooo much bro you the best