Instagram two factor authentication, please help!!

Closed
Sophieaton12345 Posts 1 Registration date Sunday August 22, 2021 Status Member Last seen August 22, 2021 - Aug 22, 2021 at 05:10 AM
 Blocked Profile - Aug 23, 2021 at 08:50 AM
Hello,

Hi, I'm having an issue with Two-Factor Authentication I tried to set up a 2FA when I apparently already had one so I deleted the new authenticator keys that were generating codes only to realize that that key replaced my old google authenticator key, and now I can't access my account as I don't have any codes being generated or any backup codes. I submitted a support request and was asked by an automated email to send a photo of my face with the code they sent me in the email plus my full name and username which I did and then received another automated email saying 2FA's been turned off and that I should be able to log in. However, it hasn't turned off because it's still asking me for a "6-digit code generated by my authenticator app" every time I try to log in. I've been trying to contact Instagram all day but am only receiving the same automated emails. Idk what else to do any help?

System Configuration: Android / Chrome 92.0.4515.159
Related:

2 responses

David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   6,925
Aug 23, 2021 at 04:45 AM
Hello, have a look at this article on how to recover an Instagram account.

Regards
Hi, Tap or your profile picture in the bottom right to go to your profile.
Tap in the top right, then tap Settings.
Tap Security, then tap Two-Factor Authentication.
Tap Get Started at the bottom.