Keyboard ineffective at start up of computer

Closed
BroadwayAvery - Sep 20, 2021 at 11:42 AM
judithmlockwood Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday October 6, 2021 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2021 - Oct 7, 2021 at 12:49 PM
Fresh batteries for wireless track pad and wireless keyboard in place.

After re-starting my Mac desktop, the wireless keyboard is not connecting to desktop. Yes, the green light emits when silver side-button is pressed.

I cannot reconfigure anything as I cannot “get-into” the system to do so.

Any suggestions?
Related:

1 response

judithmlockwood Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday October 6, 2021 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2021
Updated on Oct 8, 2021 at 07:02 AM
In order to resolve this potential keyboard problem, make sure that it is plugged in and connected properly. This can be done by looking for an LED light or a small lighted face near the qwerty keys and checking one key after another until you find out which key has not been touched yet. If no lights come on at all, the keyboard needs to be unplugged and then plugged back in. Make sure that all of its plugs are properly connected as well as those it and your tower or laptop base so there is no risk of shorting. The last step would be ensuring that those power cords go into working outlets with plenty of current flowing through them, as sometimes the current may not transmit effectively enough.

The problem could also be that there is no keyboard drivers installed for it or that your operating system cannot detect the device automatically. Try plugging it in and restarting your computer with luck you can fix this issue by yourselves.

If this doesn't work, try installing new drivers for it. If either of these do not work, try updating your operating system or go to a local technology expert who may be able to help you diagnose what might have gone wrong with your PC if neither of those are desired options.