Plugged in Not Charging

Closed
Neerarawat Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday November 24, 2021 Status Member Last seen November 24, 2021 - Nov 24, 2021 at 07:11 AM
josph_4177 Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday October 18, 2022 Status Member Last seen October 18, 2022 - Oct 18, 2022 at 05:52 AM
Hello, Everyone,

I am using Windows 10, and last week I update my windows to the latest version(21H2), and for the past two days, all of a sudden, I noticed that my laptop battery is not charging even though it's been plugged in. I restarted the computer a few times, shut it off, unplugged it, but still, the problem exists. I do not know what's the issue, can anyone have good knowledge please help?

Thanks

1 response

josph_4177 Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday October 18, 2022 Status Member Last seen October 18, 2022
Oct 18, 2022 at 05:52 AM

Make sure you have inserted the charging cable firmly into your laptop's charging port. Then double-check its connection to the wall outlet—consider trying another socket in case the current one isn't working. If you're plugged into a power strip, try connecting directly to the wall outlet instead. 

Check to see if you're plugged in....
Confirm you're using the correct port....
Remove the battery....
Examine your power cords for any breaks or unusual bending....
Update your drivers....
Survey the health of your charging port....
Let your PC cool down....
Seek professional assistance...