Not booting properly.

Closed
deelaw - Jun 26, 2009 at 10:51 AM
sadgurl Posts 697 Registration date Thursday May 14, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 24, 2010 - Jun 26, 2009 at 11:44 AM
Hello,
i have an Acer notebook Aspire one series Model No. ZG5. I was working with the system suddenly all the programs stop responding. I try to end the task by putting off the computer and when I on the system for about 20minutes, the system could not boot properly as it should. The system will come on and select the booting sequence after that it will return back to the initial point as if you just powered the system. I try formatting the system with the configured usb flash drive, but the system throw up a page saying " window could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt, <windows root>/system32\hal.dil" with that I dont know what exactly to do.

1 response

sadgurl Posts 697 Registration date Thursday May 14, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 24, 2010 219
Jun 26, 2009 at 11:44 AM
Hye you don't have to worry! All you have to do is to go on safe mode! Press F8 when your laptop starts!

Choose Safe Mode then You will be prompted if you want to do a system restore!
Select a date when your pc was working fine then press Next
Just wait till the process is done

Restart your pc normally! This will fix the problem!