tvg - Dec 13, 2022 at 09:37 PM
Hello,

facebook login approval needed problem

System Configuration: Android / Chrome 94.0.4606.61
Related:

6 responses

Here's how I got it to work.

Step 1
Log into Facebook and let it take you to the screen where it says "Login approval needed"

Step 2
Go into your web browsers settings and click "disable javascript". (This is very easy to figure out, just do a quick google search for your browser)

Step 3
Hit "Continue" on the login approval page. The page will hang for a while but it should eventually produce some kind of error message. Go to step 4

Step 4
At this point, you need to re-enable javascript in your browser

Step 5
After you have re-enabled javascript, hit the refresh button on the browser. The page will hang again, but after some time you should see a popup alert asking if you want to resubmit the form. Hit "yes" or "continue"

Step 6
Repeat steps 2 - 5 (disabling and re-enabling javascript, then refreshing/resubmitting the form) until you've regained access to your account

The steps above allowed me to get the recovery code sent to my email address and allowed me to put the code into the box on the final screen. Keep in mind, you should have javascript enabled on the last step when you enter the code. I hope this helps!

Edit: This must be done on a desktop or laptop
I got it to the screen to send a code to email but email never arrived. Facebook never sent it. Later I asked for password reset and got an email immediately to do reset.
Not sure what else to try but I am still locked out.
Paagi Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday March 9, 2022 Status Member Last seen March 9, 2022 6
Mar 9, 2022 at 04:27 AM
Won’t work if they don’t send the code to your email which was the case for me. Still locked out.