Abhishekprajapati - Sep 30, 2021 at 02:12 AM
 Velvetcat - May 22, 2022 at 03:35 AM
Hello,

facebook login approval needed problem

System Configuration: Android / Chrome 94.0.4606.61

6 replies

Here's how I got it to work.

Step 1
Log into Facebook and let it take you to the screen where it says "Login approval needed"

Step 2
Go into your web browsers settings and click "disable javascript". (This is very easy to figure out, just do a quick google search for your browser)

Step 3
Hit "Continue" on the login approval page. The page will hang for a while but it should eventually produce some kind of error message. Go to step 4

Step 4
At this point, you need to re-enable javascript in your browser

Step 5
After you have re-enabled javascript, hit the refresh button on the browser. The page will hang again, but after some time you should see a popup alert asking if you want to resubmit the form. Hit "yes" or "continue"

Step 6
Repeat steps 2 - 5 (disabling and re-enabling javascript, then refreshing/resubmitting the form) until you've regained access to your account

The steps above allowed me to get the recovery code sent to my email address and allowed me to put the code into the box on the final screen. Keep in mind, you should have javascript enabled on the last step when you enter the code. I hope this helps!

Edit: This must be done on a desktop or laptop
Thank you! This is the only thing that (eventually) worked.
I got it to the screen to send a code to email but email never arrived. Facebook never sent it. Later I asked for password reset and got an email immediately to do reset.
Not sure what else to try but I am still locked out.
Paagi
Registration date
Wednesday March 9, 2022
Status
Last seen
March 9, 2022
Mar 9, 2022 at 04:27 AM
Won’t work if they don’t send the code to your email which was the case for me. Still locked out.
Velvetcat > Paagi
Registration date
Wednesday March 9, 2022
Status
Last seen
March 9, 2022

May 22, 2022 at 03:35 AM
I'm having the same issue I never get the confirmation email with the code. I've tried so many times and different email addresses but nothing is ever sent! I get the reset password emails so I know I can get facebook emails (nothing is in junk or spam) and I can't contact anyone on Facebook for help. Any advice on moving forward with this?
Can you explain a bit more about when to enable and disable Javascript? Example when the page says to enter email. It's still not clear.
I have the same problem. I was getting ready to set up security key and the next thing it says to confirm your approval needed I did not even get to put the key in to record it. Then it ask to go to the original computer you logged into last and I was using that computer to log in. I reset my password 3 times and did a account recovery code and it gave it to me but im back to approval needed. I set in a help report to FB and I did it twice. anyone have any solution to this????
Anyone know a solution fix for this? I have used the links. no response from any of them its been 2 weeks now

facebook.com/help/contact/179049432194862
facebook.com/help/contact/199052956872279
facebook.com/help/contact/357439354283890
HelpiOS
Registration date
Friday October 30, 2015
Status
Last seen
July 5, 2022
1,794 > Buzzer
Dec 28, 2021 at 02:44 PM
You may have to wait more than 2 weeks... See this article to find out how long does it take for Facebook to review an account. Unfortunately, there's no way to speed it up.

Good luck
help > Buzzer
Jan 20, 2022 at 08:23 PM
I had same thing, I just deleted cookies and history and it finally allowed me to confirm log in
facebooksucks420
Jan 2, 2022 at 09:05 AM
I solved this by enabling two-step authentication. I downloaded the Google Authenticator/Authentication app and typed in the code.
It's all working now.
Could you explain how exactly you used Google Authenticatorto login in to Facbook??
PLz explain how this app u used?
He probably already had it enabled, you can’t add if you don’t have access to you’re account. If Facebook is asking for approval to allow log in and you get stuck not being able to continue, please try clearing all of your cookies, browser history, etc., then Facebook should allow you to confirm/approve and get back onto fb.
how did you do this please assist same thing number is disconnected cannot receive codes
HelpiOS
Registration date
Friday October 30, 2015
Status
Last seen
July 5, 2022
Sep 30, 2021 at 04:16 AM
Hi,

If you cannot approve the login from another device and no other options are available for login approval, then try following these steps to recover your Facebook account.

Good luck.
I've had this issue, and after going through the process you have linked, it still wants me to authorise the login on another device, which isn't possible because the same message is showing everywhere I login.
Belle > glunny1
Dec 17, 2021 at 08:48 PM
I'm in the same position! It has kicked me out on all devices so I cannot login in anywhere to approve a login!
Vidhi > Belle
Jan 7, 2022 at 03:34 PM
Did u find any solution?
CSmith > Belle
Jan 26, 2022 at 01:34 PM
I read through everyone comments here. Deleted 24 hours history of cookies on my laptop and tried on my phone again after updating FB, kept pushing continue even after it timed out, Seems maybe their side is too busy and I just needed a gap in. Took time but all done now.
spring > CSmith
Feb 4, 2022 at 10:33 AM
thanks. i'm trying that now. so frustrating that there's no one at fb to help.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Leah_4142
Registration date
Sunday February 20, 2022
Status
Last seen
February 20, 2022
Feb 20, 2022 at 01:36 AM
I will share my experience here since I got my account
opened. I found a reason why does Facebook keeps
showing this kind of alert and that's because it recognized
multiple logins and multiple devices or browsers that were
using your account. what I did was to make my account
rest for 3straight days. and when I say rest, I meant not
doing anything to the account for straight 3 to 5 days, in short don’t open your fb account and also delete 24hrs history of cookies and remove your account from the other devices. after 3
days, try to open it and it will lead you directly to your account all opened.. Log in first not in the Facebook app.. try to use the Safari for iphone users and operamini for android..
U didnt do anything aside from resting ur account?
If someone without my permission or scammmer keep it login..
Then it will work or not ??
Naimaniazi
Registration date
Sunday March 6, 2022
Status
Last seen
March 13, 2022

Mar 7, 2022 at 01:40 PM
To fix “Login Approval Needed” on Facebook, you need to get a code sent to your email.

Next, enter the code on Facebook, tap on “Continue”, and your account will be recovered.

If you lost access to your email address, you can approve your login on another phone or computer.

You can also try to identity your recent comments.

The “Login Approval Needed” problem happens when you log in to Facebook using a device that you don’t normally use.

Here’s the full error message, “We noticed a login from a browser, device, or location you don’t normally use”.

Followed by, “We need to confirm it was you before you can get back on Facebook”.

There are a couple of steps that you do next.

This includes choosing how to confirm that the account belongs to you and completing a few steps to confirm it.

Here is how to fix “Login Approval Needed” on Facebook.