Is Instagram geared towards rich people?

Closed
peace_rose347 - Mar 11, 2022 at 12:59 PM
 peace_rose347 - Mar 11, 2022 at 04:32 PM
I was on Instagram yesterday when it suddenly logged me off and demanded to "add phone number to get back into Instagram." And underneath it said, "We will send a confirmation code via SMS to your phone." I don't have a mobile phone. Whenever I go to Instagram login page it gives me that message. It doesn't give me any other options. If I log off and then click on "forgot my password" and request a login link to be sent to my e-mail, it says "no users found" or "feedback required" or transfers me to the above-mentioned interface. I tried logging in from my old computer (and another browser), with the same results.

Is Instagram meant to be an elitist social network geared towards rich people who can afford to buy an iPhone and pay for it every month?
Related:

1 response

Naimaniazi Posts 9 Registration date Sunday March 6, 2022 Status Member Last seen March 13, 2022
Mar 11, 2022 at 02:48 PM
Instagram is not dedicated to one social class only.
Almost everybody can join, upload photos and videos, be in touch with friends and family, or follow their marketing objectives. I know many users who had not enough money at the beginning, but as their profile grew, they managed to become popular and become famous influencers.
They are now making good money even by sitting at home and doing their business from there.
peace_rose347
Mar 11, 2022 at 04:32 PM
No, I've found that in order to participate on Instagram one has to have an iPhone which not everybody can afford to buy and pay for every month.

When I saw that I got a reply to my post, I hoped that somebody had a helpful advice, but I was disappointed.