Closed
RoyA - Updated on Jul 29, 2022 at 03:05 AM
HelpiOS Posts 14311 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 24, 2024 - Jul 31, 2022 at 09:45 AM

Hello my friends ❤️

My livelihood is completely dependent on Instagram.

I have an old page in this application and I have never violated the rules, but recently  my followers say that my new posts are not shown to them.

Please guide me, what should I do so that my followers can see new posts.

Have I done something wrong?

6 responses

HelpiOS Posts 14311 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 24, 2024 1,891
Jul 29, 2022 at 12:09 PM

Hi,

Your posts aren't shown in your followers' feed or if they go to your profile?

For the first option, try waiting 2-3 days for Instagram to show your posts to your followers - here's how Instagram algorithm works. You may need to optimize your posts to get better ranked by the algorithm if they still don't appear in their feed.

For the second option, check that your account isn't set to private, or that you've approved your followers (in case your account is private) so that they can see your posts.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for your answer

My new posts are displayed on my page but not shown to my followers.

I have 138k followers, but the account reach has decreased to 1,000 for each of my posts.

Previously, my posts had 2000-4000 likes and suddenly it decreased to about 80 likes!

My posts used to get 100,000 views in Explorer, but recently it doesn't go to Explorer at all

HelpiOS Posts 14311 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 24, 2024 1,891
Jul 30, 2022 at 11:16 AM

Sorry, it sounds like you may have been shadowbanned.

Possible reasons for a shadowban may be (the list is not exhaustive):

• You're using some third-party apps with your account.
  • You're doing mass actions in a short period of time, like commenting, liking posts, or following/unfollowing other accounts.
  • You're using hashtags that are preferable to avoid or that irrelevant to your content.
  • Your account is reported too many times.

What you can do is you try slowing down a bit. Avoid posting for 48 hours and limit your actions like commenting, following, etc. Unlink third-party apps from your account, and remove some hashtags that may restrict your engagement. Alternatively, try switching back to a personal account for a moment.

Good luck.

Thank you very much for your answer and help ????????

But what do you mean by third-party?

If I do these solutions that you said, will the account reach increase again?

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Jul 30, 2022 at 04:06 PM

I can't confirm if that will help to reach again your usual audience, but these solutions have already worked for some people. Also, some of them have left their account inactive for a week to no longer be shadowbanned, so it is possible that you may have to wait more than 48 hours.

Third-party means an app outside of Instagram that you use to manage your account. That app is not developed by Instagram and has access to your Instagram account to provide its features. Here you can find more info about third-party apps.

Dont't hesitate to let me know how it goes!

Good luck.

OK, I will do this this week

Last question, should I not be active in Direct during these 48 hours too?

For example, if someone asks a question in my Direct, can I respond? Or don't log into my account at all.

Jul 31, 2022 at 09:45 AM

It is preferable to not use your account.