Unable to be found by others

Solved/Closed
Eliane - Dec 13, 2022 at 03:13 AM
HelpiOS Posts 14295 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 14, 2024 - Dec 13, 2022 at 01:11 PM

Hello,

I have changed my number by accident (wanted to switch phones with my daughter), so I changed it back. Now I am in group apps with the right number again, however it seems that my number is no longer registered in the Whatsapp databases. People are unable to find me when they want to start a new chat with me and when starting a group app, my number is not available to add. Can anybody help me please?

Android / Chrome 108.0.0.0

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14295 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 14, 2024 1,891
Dec 13, 2022 at 07:22 AM

Hi,

Back up your chat history on WhatsApp by going to Options (3 dots) > Settings > Chats > Chat Backup. Next, uninstall WhatsApp from your phone. Reinstall the app, activate your phone number again and restore your backup.

Hope this will work.

Thank you for your reply. I tried this, but unfortunately it didn't work. Do you have another option maybe?

Also:
- My boyfriend saw that Whatsapp Web only shows my phone number, not my name. 
- Went to a phone store this morning, the lady added my number as a new contact in her phone and she was able to start a new chat with me and to add me to a new group chat. So it seems like the problem is only there with people who already had me in their contactlist before the phone switch last sunday.

HelpiOS Posts 14295 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 14, 2024 1,891 > Eliane
Dec 13, 2022 at 01:11 PM

Can you try with someone who already has your phone number to delete it from their contact list, then add it back? If this works, your contacts should register again your phone number as a new contact.

Good luck