Recover lost account without active ph number

Solved/Closed
zak100 Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday January 17, 2023 Status Member Last seen January 18, 2023 - Updated on Jan 18, 2023 at 12:13 AM
HelpiOS Posts 14304 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 17, 2024 - Jan 18, 2023 at 02:29 PM

Hi,

Some how due to my son's mistake my whatsApp account became inactive. Now I have installed WhatsApp again after 3 or 4 months. Somebody, please guide me how to recover my whatsApp account? Due to inactivation the local mobile ph number has changed. I don't know how to receive the whatsapp code without installing a new number on my mobile? Can I retrieve my whatsapp account with ph number?

Zulfi.

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14304 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 17, 2024 1,891
Updated on Jan 18, 2023 at 02:37 PM

Hi,

You can reactivate your WhatsApp account using the same phone number that you used before, as long as you still have access to that phone number. If you no longer have access to your previous phone number, you need to use your current one. A phone number is required to activate WhatsApp.

Uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp, next enter your phone number and confirm the OTP code that was sent to you in order to activate your account.

Once your account is activated, you may restore your backup (if available) to retrieve all your chats. Note that even if you no longer have access to your old phone number and used another one, restoring your backup is still possible.