Corrupt files on my external hard drive

Closed
rbmag Posts 1 Registration date Saturday July 11, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 12, 2009 - Jul 12, 2009 at 07:32 AM
kothavenkatesh Posts 1 Registration date Sunday January 10, 2010 Status Member Last seen January 12, 2010 - Jan 12, 2010 at 01:42 AM
ive got a maxtor external hard drive, never had any problems with it before but earlier today a message appeared saying that my music folder was corrupt. Didnt think much of it until i later tried to play some stuff in itunes and it said it couldnt locate any files. I looked in the folder and apparently its empty yet the space avaliable on the harddrive indicates that there are 35GB of files still there. The same thing happened to another folder on the hard drive but with no warning message. All other files on the hard drive still work and it has not undergone and damage so i dont think it is a physical fault. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to restore the missing files and how to do so?
Related:

2 responses

kothavenkatesh Posts 1 Registration date Sunday January 10, 2010 Status Member Last seen January 12, 2010 5
Jan 12, 2010 at 01:42 AM
how to recover my hard disc please.
I have the same problem with a maxtor drive and i havent found any answers yet but my email is james.t.ward@wmich.edu ... let me know if you find anything yourself

best of luck

james