Bad hard drive

Closed
jmun - Jul 15, 2009 at 05:30 PM
 Blocked Profile - Jul 15, 2009 at 05:42 PM
Hello,
I really need help for this problem. My computer caught several viruses over the couse of about 3 years, which over time caught up to it and caused a big problem. My computer ended up shutting down, and then when i tried to restart it, it would go throuh the start up process over and over again, shutting down and starting up, but never actually going to the next step.(whichwould be my desk top) I ave my computer to someone to look at to see if he could fix it, and he managed to put a new hard drive inand fix the computer, but he said he tried to open upmy old hard drive, I guess as a slave drive or something, but he said that even after he entered my password that he could not find my file with the pictures. He said something is corrupted, and the only other thing that he can do is get a copy of my windows media 2005 disc (which I don't have) and try to load it on there to see if it will help. If anybody knows a way to get my pictures, I would be so grateful. He has basically told me this is impossible, and I want to know if this is true. PlEase help! these pictures are so priceless to me.
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jul 15, 2009 at 05:42 PM
hi,

this may be due to bad sectors which might have developped on the disk.

if so is the case, the data are lost forever.

sorry.