Reboot Loop

Closed
Auby - Jul 25, 2009 at 09:37 PM
 harpy - Sep 16, 2009 at 10:17 AM
Hello,
I'm having a similar problem as others with my XP being in a constant loop. I believe I had the very latest version on it, but I can't check it out to be sure. I have picked up some kind of virus preventing my IE from working so tried to restore the computer to a previous date. This has failed several times today. But, all seemed to go well finally when I went back a few weeks in this month, it was actually restoring, and then it failed. Now it wants to reboot and is in a countdown mode. It gives me a choice of selections using arrows, either safe mode, previous confident configuration, etc. However, the keyboard has been deactivated. The arrows don't work, and when I try to use the F8 key a prescribed to others with the similar problem, nothing happens. The F8 won't work either. The screen moves back into reboot, counts down, and then repeats cycle. I've been playing with this all day. I have some resume's etc on this computer that I don't want to loose. I have downloaded a XP Reboot CD from the net on another computer, but of course it won't boot with this loop running. HELP. Thanks
Related:

2 responses

fobvious5 Posts 259 Registration date Thursday May 14, 2009 Status Member Last seen September 30, 2010 15
Jul 26, 2009 at 10:10 AM
Hye there,

Please insert the Windows Installation disc, and boot it.

Then choose the repair option to repair your windows system

Thanks
I can't reboot anything, it's in an endless loop. As soon as I turn the computer on it starts with the same program without my being able to use the keyboard or the mouse. I have the disk inserted, however the computer ignores it. What else would you suggest?
I had the same problem with a friends computer that I was fixing, and when I put the XP disk in the repair/install it, it just kept ignoring it until I actually shutdown and restarted and it recognized it. Try that and see if it works for you.