Freezing computer

Closed
mac - Jul 9, 2008 at 09:56 AM
zefenix Posts 116 Registration date Wednesday February 20, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 9, 2009 - Jul 30, 2008 at 11:03 AM
my computer was working fine till it started to freeze after few minutes, i did try disk cleaning, check the disc, and it freeze as i try to defragment. can you please help out. i am desperate

4 responses

melana Posts 70 Registration date Tuesday March 11, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 9, 2009 10
Jul 25, 2008 at 05:41 AM
hi Charlie,have you tried to scan ur system to cure this as it may have been the cause of a slick virus which is causing this dear
zefenix Posts 116 Registration date Wednesday February 20, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 9, 2009 64
Jul 30, 2008 at 11:03 AM
hi mac,
have u tried to scan ur pc first dear?????why u did defragment???there is may be a virus in ur system and should have tried a scan first
Sounds like you may have a virus or some spyware that's interfering with your computer's normal operations. If you can, download and install an antivirus program and an antispyware program and run both of them on your computer. With both of those programs, be sure to do FULL manual scans of your hard drive(s).

I recommend that you download the free verions of Avira AntiVirus and Ad-Aware. You can get them from the following locations:

Avira Antivirus at: https://www.avira.com/en/downloads

Ad-Aware Anti-Spyware at: https://www.trialpay.com/custom/lavasoft/interstitial_08/

Note that, if you computer freezes while one of the above programs is scanning, just reboot and try to scan again. You may need to go through that process several times before you find out if either program has fixed your freezing problem.

Good luck!
I just came back from the bathroom and I was going back on the internet. As soon as I double-click Explorer It froze. I called my father and he said click CTRL+ALT+Delete. I did that and nothing happened. It has been 52 minutes since the incident. I am desperate for my computer. I am sending this message from my Playstation Portable.