No display

Closed
Anand - Aug 18, 2009 at 01:13 AM
 Blocked Profile - Aug 18, 2009 at 04:01 AM
Hello,

I recently got my computer up and running and was in the midst of installing windows when the computer began turning off and on intermittantly. I went online to some forums and determined that the problem was that maybe there was a short somewhere leading my computer to stay on for 3 seconds, turn off, and then spontaneously turn back on, to repeat this cycle indefinitely. I took everything apart and put everything back together, and now the computer stays on, but there is no signal going from my computer to the monitor. I know for a fact the monitor works. Before, even when the video card was not connected to the power supply, it would still send a signal. This is no longer happening. Any ideas, people? I don't really know where to go from here. I suppose it's either the motherboard or the video card that may have been screwed up while I was changing things around, but I think it's fairly unlikely. Any way for me to figure this out? I don't have an extra motherboard or videocard sitting around sadly.

Thanks.

1 response

Blocked Profile
Aug 18, 2009 at 04:01 AM
hi there,

remove the video card

clean it by rubbing eraser on the copper plated side

then replug it

Thanks