Wireless connected but no Internet???

Closed
Cail - Aug 18, 2009 at 08:43 AM
 Cail - Aug 21, 2009 at 03:26 AM
Hi,
Lately i connected to a hotspot in my town with an excellent signal strength. I enjoyed myself all day and when i woke up in the morning it "autoconnected " the same hotspot. I opened mozilla and i saw that instead of loading the login page it was loading my home page. It took forever and finally "Load page error".
My operative sys is window xp pro. I did the ipconfig i pinged my ip and it says 4 packets sent 0 recieved 100%loss!!
Cannot ping yahoo or google cuz it says request timed out. it is driving crazzzyyy!!!
I noticed that there are lots of sent packets and very few recieved. I tried disabling firewall, antiviru, safemode with networking...i even formated my laptop but yet the same!!!
Please HELP!

3 responses

fatcode88 Posts 4 Registration date Monday August 17, 2009 Status Member Last seen August 31, 2009
Aug 18, 2009 at 08:56 AM
did you ask your internet service provider? maybe they have a problem or your operating system have a problem.
I do not think that there is a problem with them because i can access that hotspot with another pc. I did a chat with a technician of my pc brand(that is HP) and he told me to do the netsh , ipconfig and ping commands in the cmd...yet the problem is a mystery to me. He also told me to reseat the wireless card...well i messed up and smashed the OS!!! LOL! i had to format it and...the wireless worked. And the other day stopped again! God! I noticed that it happens after those windows updates download and install! Should i keep formatting my laptop in the morning and open internet in the afternoon...LOL!!!
The signal is quite stable i would say! My laptop is so weird! Maybe there are some damaged sectors in my HDD or the OS is faulty or maybe the wireless card has a defect...it takes more than 300 dollars to fix those and all i want is a 10 dollar per month connection!
anyway thank you fatcode88!!
is ur windows is licensed or pirated ??
if pirated than dnt install updates, desable ur update service
You think that is the problem? I used to have a pirated one at first and i had cheated the windows geniue test but after i formated it i installed a fresh legal xp pro sp2. Yeah, and I tried disabling everything: firewall, antivirus, updates, everything...yet the same! I have an idea that the cleanup programs such as ccleaner tuneup utilities, can interfere with the driver settings so i will try not installing them next time i format my laptop.
Check out these new stuff...i discovered that it shows this prob. after being online for a long time (long enough to download some invisible updates) I just formatted my pc(again )and noticed that if i installed only the drivers it would work fine, with no antivirus or firewall. When you start installing software and and stay online...when you restart BAM! find out it won't ******g work!! I am getting really pissed off! I do not want any wires at home !
there is a new symptom...the connection switched from "connected" to "limited or no connectivity".
Is my wireless card unstable? or faulty?
Please help me!
Anonymous User
Aug 20, 2009 at 06:13 PM
i think that your ip adress conflicts you should .. ask the one that owns the hotspot if your ip adress is denied or if there is someone that has the same ip or some like that
everyone.....thank you for all your help. The only prob. was the heat. Since mine is a laptop it gets overheated really fast and when it does the wireless card stops working! That is the only prob.