Problem connecting to the internet

Closed
chepab04 - Sep 7, 2009 at 10:04 PM
sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 - Sep 8, 2009 at 04:59 PM
Hello everyone,

Look my computer is wierd first of all it won't let me browse online it shows that i have a great internet connection from my router but when i open internet explorer it doesn't show anything at all, okay so thats one thing but when i turn of my computer it tells me "do not shut down the computer it is updating " it stays like that for ever 3 of 1... it won't change at all im guessing because there is not interent so it wont update at all so how can i make this work ? I need my computer for school but this is just bothering me jjaja

i got a windows vista by the way

1 response

sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 183
Sep 8, 2009 at 04:59 PM
ok, you might want to try this.
shut down your internet modem,
shut down your router,
shut down your pc.

count to 30 .... ish
power up your internet modem, wait ..... for about 30 seconds or so for the modem to initialise and carry out self tests etc. when all the lights that should be on are on, go to router and power that up. let it go through its self tests etc. when all lights lit that should be, boot your computer.

try internet.

hope that helps