Alot of memory left, computer is so slow?!

Closed
Animefreak Posts 5 Registration date Wednesday September 9, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 10, 2010 - Sep 12, 2009 at 09:15 AM
 Blocked Profile - Aug 26, 2010 at 02:06 AM
Hello,
i was wondering, why my computer is so slow? I have about 70GB in total for my computer, but i only used about 20GB, and i keep clearing stuff that i dont want, i downloaded AVG the anti-virus software, it helped me clear a few viruses but its still slow. I asked some of my friends and they suggested me to buy a new set of RAM or something like that. But some people said they did that and didnt work for them. Is there another way?

Animefreak x
Related:

3 responses

dancedhall Posts 3056 Registration date Wednesday May 13, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 12, 2010 655
Sep 12, 2009 at 09:41 AM
hi there,

upgrading the ram is better

as you mentioned that you cleaned other stuff not in use

also defrag the hard drive

but be sure to purchase new one with same frequency

you can use cpuZ to get the frequency code

download it from here:

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4993-cpu-z/

Thanks
Animefreak Posts 5 Registration date Wednesday September 9, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 10, 2010
Sep 12, 2009 at 10:04 AM
Do you know how much is a RAM roughly? And is 1GB big enough? Thanks for your advice too. x
Blocked Profile
Aug 26, 2010 at 02:06 AM
upgrade ur ram ,
I am sharing this unique information with my fellow internet users around the world. This technique to make computer faster rapidly will surely help you to end common PC errors and crashes besides making your computer run fast instantly.

The reason I am writing this piece was that I wanted to test how does it feel to write on a faster computer and how could I share some valuable information with the internet community.

Here my story goes. I had a quite reasonable laptop manufactured by Dell. It did a great service to me and always helped me in my studies and research work. Suddenly it started to run extremely slow and I could not comprehend what has happened to it.

To make my computer run faster I tried several things including running antivirus and antispyware scans. I did cleaned computer up to make it faster but to no avail.

One of my friends suggested me to clean and repair the registry keys in my Vista Windows. I heard registry's name for the first time. Upon further guidance by him I realized that the root cause of the slow laptop is that I had never maintained the registry of my Windows.

My tech guru friend explained me well that the registry in Windows is a database that stores all the information about PC programs. The corruption in registry which can be in the form of registry clutter could drastically lower the speed of any computer. I realized that to make computer run fast I needed a thorough registry cleaning scan.

What I did was that I ran scan with Registry Cleaner and PC Optimizer software to make my computer run faster. Unbelievably the program was downloaded in less than 17 Seconds and it did wonders as it instantly made my personal computer run fast.