XP windows

Closed
Shainaz - Sep 16, 2009 at 02:58 AM
 Blocked Profile - Sep 16, 2009 at 09:13 AM
Hello,
I have Sony Vaio Model VGN-P15G, and it caught a Virus same as my other Sony, through the external Drive that i have been using. At least that is what i have been told by mt Tech! I need to know 2 things:

1. When he reinstalled the XP windows into this computer when i click on start. accessories I do not see Games. what could be the cause of it?

2. The problem started with both my computers when I was trying to send the mails out through my external Transcend drive from Outlook express and Outlook used t o show that the mail is going and after 20 minutes or so it would say error! Once only it showed error number which was ATCP/IP ERROR 0X8000CCC15 PORT 25 SECURE PROTOCOL SMTP but after that one error message I never got any error messages and all the people i was sending the messages to were saying they were not receiving the messages accept for one person who said he received the same message several times!
What could be the cause of it. Since then i do not use outlook express, due to this problem. I switched to Microsoft outlook and in this the behaivour for both computers was the same it took 20 to 30 minutes for a letter of 2kb to be sent out!
Since then my tech said that he has cleaned the drives but still VGN-P15G cannot send mail out from Outlook express and the other Sony FZ VGN-FZ38GU is on Vista therefore have not tried on it? Now I am on the Hard drive of teh computer for the mails ahve not switched back to my External Drive yet.

Hope you can solve my problems.

Thanks
Redgs
Shainaz
Please help me?
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Sep 16, 2009 at 09:13 AM
Hello there,

I will recommend you to format all partition on this computer

And then do a fresh installation of Windows!!!

Please contact your technician to try to check if there's a problem with your hard drive

Thanks