Connected with adapter but no internet

Closed
amyjo - Sep 17, 2009 at 02:21 PM
 amyjo - Sep 19, 2009 at 11:06 AM
Hello,
Okay So I got a new computer last night it is an HP..Well I also got a wireless adapter to hook up to it (linksys) Okay so here is the problem. Everything is connecting right but when I open up a Internet explorer it will not let me get on. It say that the web page could not be displayed when you type in an address it says that the address is invalid. I spent 3.5 hours last night on the phone with tech support from both HP and Linksys neither can help me. I need this computer to be connected to the internet for my business. PLEASE help I would really appreciate it.

Thank you!!!!

4 responses

sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 183
Sep 17, 2009 at 08:07 PM
if you connect the laptop direct to the linksys via ethernet, can you get on internet?
Yeah our laptop connects just fine. It is the desktop we are having problems with. We tried just plugging the desktop directly into the linksys and the same thing happened. It says that everything is working but will not let us browse online
sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 183
Sep 18, 2009 at 03:37 PM
Thank you for your help but I think we are just going to return the computer and get one from best buy. We have had other problems with this one now. But thank you so much for your help