No sound at all

Closed
Heather D - Oct 5, 2009 at 01:57 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Oct 5, 2009 at 09:07 PM
Hello,
I have a dell laptop and i recently hooked it up to the TV with an HDMI cord. Everything was working fine until i unhooked it from the TV and now i have no sound at all coming form my laptop.....I've tied everything!! I like to listen to music on my laptop when im out and about but i cant anymore because I cant figure this out. Please help me........if needed i can give more information.....peteblairsbabygirl@yahoo.com

thanks much,
Heather
Related:

3 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Oct 5, 2009 at 06:34 PM
There is a setting that switches the sound to the video processor so that you have sound via the HDMI cable. I suggest you search the HDMI control screens for a way to switch back to speaker output. My Dell laptop is too old to have a HDMI output port. So I can't give specific instructions.

If and when you find the settings panel please share the secret with us.

Good Luck
hey,
thanks, i appreciate the effort to help. I dont know much about computers so I tried looking for anything that said HDMI but there was nothing except for in the sound card settings. ive tried everything and cant figure this out....thanks much and if i do figure it out i will let you know.

Heather
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Oct 5, 2009 at 09:07 PM
I checked the internet for HDMI sound problems.

This was the solution I found.
"I have now solved my problem changed the default sound from hdmi output this was achieved by right clicking sound icon & changing the default to speakers."