I remove norton ,after that my internet does

Solved/Closed
beebee - Oct 8, 2009 at 08:54 PM
 Crystal - Sep 13, 2010 at 11:12 AM
Hello,
I remove norton , after that my internet does not work .ihave vista
Related:

3 responses

dawooddoe Posts 404 Registration date Saturday February 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 12, 2010 109
Oct 13, 2009 at 09:40 AM
Maybe you broke winsock catalog during Norton removal process, can try to reset winsock catalog and test again.
Just fixed same problem
Oct 23, 2009 at 12:22 PM
I just had the same problem. I removed norton and for two months I had no interenet connection until I called my internet provider and they walked me through it. I had to put my computer into "safe mode with network," where my internet worked, then download the "norton removal tool" then go back out of safe mode and into my username, and run the norton removal tool to completely remove norton. Immediately my internet worked again! Whoopie!
SUPERB!
I will try this and report back... I was about to clear my hard drive and start from scratch b/c my internet browser will not work due to a virus ( what the IT dept told me) now I see it's b/c i uninstalled norton.... I was given a norton update from the University and they claim I have to uninstall norton in order for it run. So I clicked uninstall on the norton folder and my interner was connected but explore says it's unable to connect, so I downloaded the norton removal tool and will try it on my laptop at home. Thanks for the info :)
Blocked Profile
Oct 13, 2009 at 05:10 AM
Dear Beebee,

You should therefore try reinstalling

your norton application and see if

it works again.

Thanks.
Iveal, your advice is comparable to a heroin addict being advised to start using again because he has withdrawl. Norton is the problem, not the solution.