I have a powerbook G4 that I bought off of someone last year, and I went to reformat the computer, but I cannot find my office 2004 CD... I'm trying to get office 2008 to load instead but I keep getting a message saying I need 10.4.9 or higher... is there an update I need or can I not run 2008 on my powerbook?
To run Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac Standalone Applications, your computer must meet the following requirements:
• A Mac computer with an Intel, PowerPC G5, or PowerPC G4 (500 MHz or faster) processor • Mac OS X version 10.4.9 or later • 512 MB of RAM or more
• 1 GB of available hard disk space
• HFS+ hard disk format (also known as Mac OS Extended or HFS Plus) To determine the format of your hard-disk, click the Apple menu > About this Mac > More Info.
• DVD drive or connection to a local area network (if installing over a network)
• 1024 x 768 or higher resolution-monitor