Sound won't work at all.

Solved/Closed
Anonymous User - Aug 12, 2008 at 04:35 PM
 AungAung - Apr 22, 2017 at 06:18 AM
Hello, I'm having serious and very annoying trouble with my sound. My sound doesn't make sound. I have a Windows Vista, the other day I reinstalled it and, since then my sound button at the corner of my screen next too the clock has had a little red "x" on it. It saids I don't have any audio devices installed. In "Hardware and Sound" in control panel it saids it's working fine. I have SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC for sound. I hope this isn't my sound card messed up. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it but that didn't work and I reseted my computer over hundreds of times. Please help.
Related:

77 responses

to any 1 that is suffering from loss of sound due to the driver I have a quick fix that worked for me! I wasted a whole Sunday afternoon trying to find the driver for my sound card but then I decided to think out side the box a bit and looked on ebay for a new sound card found a usb sound card that is plug and play and the sound is not bad at all (i cant tell the difference) Only cost $3 !
Amazingly my sound on my PC is not working, my hard drive failed and I have now replaced it with a new one.
since my PC has been repaired the sound has been working fine as I am able to play videos.

Their is No red mark on the speaker at the bottom of my screen also all the audio devices are turned up, and can not work out why my sound has stopped working.

Faz
go to the Volume seggshin and check the volume
I can tell you what worked for me. First let me tell you what I tried before I found the solution. I cleaned my registry, I reinstalled the drivers while in safemode, I disabled and re-enabled, I deleted the lowerfilter and upperfilter from the registry, and none of it worked.

Finally I installed my webcam Logitech software again. After I rebooted from the install all of my sound drivers were working properly. I have no idea what my webcam software had to do with the disabling of my sound devices but somehow it did. So if you have any logitech software that you recently uninstalled, then reinstall it.

Ant
GO TO PLAYBACK DEVICES IN YOUR VOLUME MANAGER, THEN, RIGHT CLICK A DEVICE THAT IS THERE OR WHATEVER JUST GET TO THE SHOW DISABLED DEVICES MENU AND GET THOSE SHOWN... ABRACADABRA CLICK ON A SOUND DEVICE, I.E. SYSTEM SPEAKER? THAT SHOULD SOLVE IT...
when I click show disabled devices, nothing is shown
Chicken Rings and a bit of Steven Taylor!!!

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
i reinstalled windows xp and my sound did not work so I went to hp and I downloaded a driver for it and it's still not working and it's show the speaker in the task bar,it says it's working in device manager so whats wrong my mic works and it's all made in the motherboard and the mic and speakers is made into one,i'v downloaded it and removed the driver few times and I downloaded it and downloaded it but nothing is working can't hear nothing from my computer at all NOTHING... so can you please help me with this thank you very much!!!!
Can someone help me fix my hp desktop where I can get sound on it aging you can reach me at yhoo messinger
help my coumputers sound can't work I need ur help I live on south east 8th street please help me and when I put it on normal mode my sound works but my enternet does not so please help me.
no driver
dinosaursrcool
Mar 25, 2010 at 03:03 PM
my sound on my computer never work on youtube !!! WHY ?
i dont know why the sound not working my sound is not mute or anything please tell me what I have to do by details because am not that good with computers thanks alot
i have a problem on my computer xp the sound does't work and I don't know what to do now, plz halpe me how to get the salution of the sound.
how do I make my headphone work on my laptop
Same happened to me!
why dont you shut the heck up and deal with it?
how do I get my sound back on my vista computer?
sandeep veerma
Apr 9, 2010 at 09:31 PM
vista does not works in old types of motherboard. so reinstall your window xp, vortex
i have windows xp and my sound dosent work I dont know all the technical words for this stuff so can someone tell me it so I can understand plz
why windows 7 can't not play all speaker
go to your control panel and click sound settings and then you can adjust it to how you want!
The Computer Expert
Apr 26, 2010 at 05:23 PM
Computer guy here,

I see hundreds of thousands of people that are eally pissed off due to loss of sound(s). I understand believe me!
Here you go.
Un Install your SP2 or SP3 ( service pack 2 or 3, it will only effect a couple programs and they automatically re update anyway, back-up any photos and music etc on a DATA disk, same as a CD but read the label, pick one for Data.

So un install your Service Pack, takes 15 minutes, then re boot, now re install to Service pack three. Call me for help Phone number removed for security blocked or private numbers please leave a message, Thank you. Problem fixed free. Download the new SP3 at Microsoft or any verified signed providers, not Joesoft or some shit..

Oh only do this after you you make sure your speakers are working and a device is assigned to them, email me for help Email id removed for security
I'll have you up and running like new asap. Peace