No sound device found (e-machines T2542 )

Closed
marixoxo Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday November 4, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 5, 2009 - Nov 4, 2009 at 09:59 PM
marixoxo Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday November 4, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 5, 2009 - Nov 5, 2009 at 11:12 AM
Hello,

recently had a tech guy reinstall windows xp on my e-machines t2542 work computer. he also installed a new cd drive/cd burner because that was broken as well and i believe the whole computer was restored/upgraded.

i did not realize it was going to affect the sound and i did not notice it until i restarted the computer and let it do all the updates the following monday that my speakers were not working. i have done numerous searches have tried everything i can...

I downloaded RealTek AC '97 Audio, but it still does not show up in my Device Manager and there is still no audio device found. Do I need to re-install the sound card? How do I do that? or can anyone offer any more help?

1 response

marixoxo Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday November 4, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 5, 2009
Nov 5, 2009 at 11:12 AM
i have looked through the other threads and have tried eveyrthing, so I'm posting this here. Sorry :(

i wanted to add:

i tried uninstalling and reinstalling the RealTek driver but now I get a message that says;

"the software you are installing has not passed Windows logo testing."

i'm scared if i install it my computer will get messed up again, should I do it anyway???