Windows wont start after failed update

Closed
Chris - Aug 15, 2008 at 12:30 AM
 WINSTON - Aug 19, 2010 at 11:54 AM
Hello,
I recently installed an update to my vista computer and of course it required a restart to complete it, so i restarted the computer but while it was starting up and putting the final touches on its update(where it says please do not shut down computer) it blue screened and had to restart(the blue screen happens every once in awhile when i start my computer normally...)now whenever i try to start my computer it starts trying to do the update thing but it does nothing and then it shuts itself down
i might be able to find my vista cd and try to go back to the last system recovery point, which was earlier today luckily, maybe that will turn out, if not i could really use some help
Related:

4 responses

download vista recovery disc

https://neosmart.net/blog/2008/windows-vista-recovery-disc-download/

u will also need utorrent too
after my windows was followed by an update it suggested to restart. i followed. in the step of restart it completed 2 out of 3 configuring update process before shut down and after start it continues the 3 out of 3 configuring update process but it shows 0% completed. after a sometime it got restarted follows this condition again. i have also reviewed in safe mode but the problem is same. after inserting windows vista dvd i tried startup problems option it shows no problem, in system recovery it finds no files. via command prompt i can only recover my data, it does not open explorer. i have no backup cd or dvd. i have also done the download and run the vista recovery disc of 120 mb. it acts also as the vista setup disk. so, what can i do recover my windows?

pls help. the problem is scrambling my head.
Karl Morkunas
Jan 2, 2009 at 08:55 PM
"you need to restart and hit F8 key I think may not be the same key for all computers. Restart with the LAst Known Good Configuration"

This is extremely vague... where is "Last known good config?" I just installed the 1/2/2008 Vista Update and my computer starts up and sits on a black screen. The windows start up repair isn't doing jack shit... it "can't find any problems." Does anyone have a solution to this ludicrousy? Is Microsoft attacking their own operating system?
dusty.techstudentMCP,NET+
Aug 17, 2008 at 09:42 PM
you need to restart and hit F8 key I think may not be the same key for all computers. Restart with the LAst Known Good Configuration. This will roll back that failed update.
iTRIED THAT IT DIDNT WORK