Lost volume meter icon on taskbar on Vista

Solved/Closed
Su - Nov 12, 2009 at 01:31 PM
 WinME Hack - Jun 14, 2013 at 09:55 PM
Hello,
I was in the middle of a presentation this morning at a conference and hit the "Mute" button on my volume meter and went back to "unmute" and the icon was gone.None of the answers in here has helped. I've spent hours trying to find the volume meter to put back on the taskbar. Please help.

Related:

4 responses

left click on The taskbar, uncheck Lock the Taskbar, Control panel, Sounds
Perfect! Solved my problem. Thanks so much!
Hi again. Just one thing. You must right click the task bar, not left click.

But the clicking part was easy to figure out. Thanks one more time for helping me solve this issue. Yours has been the best answer on the Internet. It worked!!!
THANKYOU! I had the same problem. worked a treat !
WONDERFUL! It was so easy, too! THANK YOU!
shyra1 Posts 2 Registration date Saturday November 17, 2012 Status Member Last seen November 17, 2012
Nov 17, 2012 at 10:20 AM
This is the problem I have now, but I don't understand the answer - I unlocked the taskbar, but what do you do when you open sounds in the control panel? I can change it there but I cannot see how to put it back on the taskbar.
Getting the taskbar to show your volume or battery meter can be done this way. First unplug your power cord from your laptop. Then on a blank area of your desktop page right click you mouse. You will see the Personalization icon at the bottom of the popup. Click that and on the next page look to the bottom left. You will see "SEE ALSO" and underneith is an option called Taskbar and Start Menu. Click that on the next page is an icon on the top called Notification Area. Click that and you will see four boxes that you can choose to click so that it will show on your taskbar. Good luck everyone.
You are a true blessing. I have been up two nights trying to fix the problem of a lost volume and network icon. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
hey thanks I figured out how to do what youre talking about but I can't select the volume option! I see it and its not clickable, I don't know what's happening!
As above for me!
shyra1 Posts 2 Registration date Saturday November 17, 2012 Status Member Last seen November 17, 2012
Nov 17, 2012 at 10:22 AM
Me too - it's greyed out, cannot click the volume icon.
Thanks to jundoman. It worked on a Dell Studio laptop running Vista. It didn't work at first, even with the power cord unplugged. But when we did a total shut down and re-start (under battery power only), the volume option box darkened and became clickable.
Thank you jundoman. It worked. Thank you so much.
brilliant. Thank you